Sunday, March 14, 2010

Happy Birthday / Blogiversary To Me

Today is my 37th birthday, and 3rd blogiversary. Yikes! I find it a little scary that I'm creeping closer and closer to 40. One thing I have noticed over the past year is that I have started to forget my age. I used to think it really strange when other people would do this...but now I realize why...once you reach a certain age...it becomes just a number and mentally you feel younger even though physically you may not be.

Yesterday, C and hubby went shopping. The minute she came in the door she shouted with excitement..."I got your birthday present! Do you want to open it now? Please!". Waiting another day would have been torture for her. Inside the bag was a small furry toy kitten with a button that made it purr. It was the perfect gift from her.

Today she told me on the way home from church..."Mommy, I took your advice when I picked out your present. I picked out something I would like." She is right. I have told her this, but it was in regards to picking out birthday presents for her friends.

Hubby told me that she spent all her money in her purse to buy it for me...and did not complain once. Parting with money is a big thing for her...and knowing that she did it so willingly made the gift even more special to me.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

that is so cute!! does she want the real thing too? my kids won't stop about getting a puppy!

Lala's world said...

that is pretty cute!! Happy belated birthday! I totally feel the same way about birthdays/age! ugh don't like to think too much about it!

Amanda said...

That is sweet- the thought is what counts!

@Dayngr said...

I hit the big 40 last year and it wasn't as scary as I thought. Perhaps our kids keep us young? Happy Birthday and Blogiversary too! Wishing you both many more.

On a side note, thank you for your sweet comments on my blog post abut my mom. I am so sorry for your loss too. Being a mom and not having your mom is so difficult at times but thank goodness for the beautiful memories we have.

Big hugs to you!