Saturday, July 21, 2007

The Big 4-0

Today my hubby turned 40 and I have to say, I think he looks awesome for 40. He still has all of his hair and none of it is grey…or at least not enough for me to notice. For his birthday, I thought I would list a few things that I love about him.

I love his smile. It's my first heart-skip-a-beat memory of him...waiting in the doorway of my parents house on our first date...grinning away. He has a smile and laughter that lights up his eyes, just like our daughter.

I love that he can cook and that he's a good cook. He actually does most of the cooking in our home and it's a rare and much appreciated occasion when I cook (I can serve a mean bowl of cereal). Now for my defense, he is finished work almost 3 hours ahead of me.

I love his sense of adventure. He has a desire to see every province in Canada as well as other countries. Before we take a trip, he researches that area to determine what are the most interesting things to see and do, jam-packing as many activities as possible into our trip.

I love his sensitivity to the Spirit of God. A sensitivity that will often move him to tears when he shares what God is speaking to him. It's a calming reassurance to me that this heart is open and all the things that I want him to do quickly pale in comparison to what God wants to do in him.

I love that he is an extrovert. He loves to talk and socialize and thrives in social gatherings. His confidence has rubbed off on me and drawn this introvert out of her shell.

I love that he is a father and spends time with our daughter...playing, praying, teaching, training and laughing with her.

Happy 40th Birthday! I love you.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

HAppy Belated Birthday! J
YOu do not look a day over 20 yrs old.....
You look like your getting younger with married life....
Sharon you must be treated him really well.... Or letting him get lots of sleep....

Nadine said...

Happy Birthday! What a wonderful tribute to your honey. I found it so loving and sweet.

redheads said...

What a cool tribute to your hubby. He is a great guy and you can definately see God moving through him.

Happy Birthday G!

Amanda said...

What a sweet tribute, make sure he reads that- it will be an encouragement and maybe score you a few brownie points LOL

Apparently Jeremy is about to pounce Vince in that
picture but wasn't successful :-)

Unknown said...

That is an incredible tribute to your man, it brought tears to my eyes 'cause it is so true!

The Den Mother said...

Happy birthday to J. You obviously really love and respect him. What great role modeling you do for your daughter! If only every parent could demonstrate this.